Instructions on preparing for a sleep study
- Take a shower and wash your hair just prior to the study. Please do not use any added hair products (ex: hairspray, gel, etc.). Men without beards should be clean-shaven.
- Do not wear cosmetics or use oils, creams, or lotions on skin.
- Bring appropriate clothing to wear to bed (Loose fitting clothes with buttons in the front would be helpful (t-shirts and shorts are fine).
- Bring any medication that you may need that evening or the next morning, along with a written list of current medications.
- Do not consume any caffeine after noon the day of the study.
- If you are a CPAP/BiPAP user, please bring your mask with you.
- Bring reading material if you desire.
- You may bring your own pillow if you wish, though it is not required.
- Please leave your cell phone at home, as we need to limit outside distractions as much as possible.
We want to make your stay as comfortable as possible. If any additional or special items are needed to achieve this, please let us know.